I have noticed that several soap makers have started to share healthy food and other yummy recipes. I found this cookie recipe from a Finnish blog called Karppaus ja perhe. This is the blog that gave me the spark to make soap. As you have probably noticed, I have been experimenting with recipes that does not contain gluten or dairy products. This cookie recipe was so interesting so I just had to try it. I of course could not stick to the original recipe, so here is my version.
1 tölkki luomu kikherneitä/ 1 can organic chickpeas
165 g sokeritonta maapähkinävoita/ 165 g sugar free peanut butter
30 g kookossokeria+hyppysellinen steviaa/ 30 g coconut sugar+pinch of stevia
1 tl itse tehtyä vaniljauutetta/ 1 teaspoon home made vanilla extract
1 tl leivinjauhetta/ 1 teaspoon baking powder
100 g tummaa suklaata/ 100 g dark chocolate
1. Huuhtele ja valuuta kikherneet. Rinse the chickpeas and let them dry.
2. Soseuta sauvasekoittimella korkeassa ja kapeassa astiassa. Mash them with a stick blender.
3. Sekoita joukkoon maapähkinävoi, vaniljauute, kookossokeri, stevia ja leivinjauhe. Mix the peanutbutter, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, stevia and baking powder with the chickpeas.
4. Rouhi tumma suklaa ja lisää taikinaan. Grind the chocolate coarsely and mix in the dough.
5. Pyöritä palloiksi ja paina palloja hieman. Keksit eivät muutu kovinkaan paljoa uunissa. Make round balls of the dough and press them gently. The cookies does not change shape that much in the oven.
6. Paista 10 min 175 C. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes 175 C.
|Menossa uuniin - Before the oven|
These do taste good, especially if you like peanut butter. The consistency is a little bit grainy. I think it is the peanut butter. I used a smooth and sugar free peanut butter from Lidl. Next time I will put half of the amount of peanut butter. Put some more chickpeas or other beans and switch at least a part of the sugar, or the whole amount, to dates.